Yay for Fridays! Only two more this school year - I can't believe it! Today was a warm one. We ended our week with two 90 degree + days. My poor kiddos were awfully lethargic in a classroom that only has a fan. Luckily it will drop back down into the 70s for the next few weeks. But we definitely got a taste of summer!
Here are my 5 random pictures of the week..
1. I found this on one of my student's spelling envelopes. I was very touched by it. I am not sure he totally understands what it means, but it was cute.
2. I got to use some Reusable Dry Erase Pockets in my classroom this week. The kids were so excited! They decided that it should be a permanent word work center. Dry erase markers are like gold to them! Check out my post here to learn more about them.
3. The library down the street had their book sale today. These sales are a-ma-zing!! Children's books are only 25 cents. Most of them are in great condition. If I get there early enough, there are a lot to choose from. I got 32 books (and one VHS) for only $8.00!! Definitely check to see if your local library has sales like this. My goal is to donate all my books back to the library when I retire (a LONG time from now!).
4. We started reading Charlotte's Web today! I haven't read this book in so long, but it is one of my favorites. I'm planning on ending the year with this read aloud. I've never done a whole-class book study before so this will be new for me. I promise to share with you how it goes! If you have any good tips for me, let me know! We still have three weeks left, but I'm not sure that we will finish it. It's worth a shot! I am so excited about this!!
5. We have been working on our Non-Fiction writing pieces. We are creating All About books about an animal that we will see on our trip to the aquarium. I am very impressed with how well my students are doing so far with their research. Be on the look out for future posts on this project!
How was your week? Go link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!