Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!  My kids were so excited today.  We did lots of Seuss-themed reading in the classroom.  We also did a small craft.  It was small because "crafts" are kinda frowned upon at our school.  So sad.  But I made an exception today!  We created the lorax and some truffula trees!



Aren't they cute??  We used the template that The Teacher's Cauldron used in her Roll a Lorax packet.  Since we don't do many crafts, the kids were soooo excited to do this!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the truffula trees!

    Jennifer
    jenniferlalsip(at)yahoo(dot)com
    The First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw - yay! I'm glad you were able to use it!! It is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE. My kids would love this. Crafts are a 4 letter word in my neck of the woods, too - that's why I always stick a writing assignment with them. {THIS is not a craft, it is part of our writing project! :D } Probably stealing this! Just lettin' ya know. :D
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! My kiddos would love this. ... I'm right there with you.. if we do a craft I stick some sort of writing assignment with it also.

    Have a great weekend!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I just love the fun things we can do thanks to Dr. Seuss!

    I enjoy your blog and nominated your for an award. Be sure to stop by and get it.

    Thanks!
    Deb
    Simply the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! Check out my latest post!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover