Thursday, February 23, 2012

It in the Cards

I wanted to add on to my Fluency packet last night and instead ended up creating a 36-page set of long and short vowel sorts!  It was a bit much to add onto my Fluency packet so I created The Long and Short of It.  It comes with flash cards, headings for sorting and recording sheets for the students to use.



Get it from my {Tpt Store}
Get it from my {Teacher's Notebook Store}

Here's a sample of my Sight Word Flash Cards too:

Get it from my {Tpt Store}
Get it from my {Teacher's Notebook Store}

I got the cute clipart for both from Graphics from the Pond and KPM Doodles!

And I got these cool fluency phrases from Abby over at Ms. Alley's 2nd Grade Class.



So my dilemma was how to store all my adorable new flash cards??  I want to be able to access them quickly during my guided reading groups.  I found these cute mini portfolios and bucket from Target.  The accordion files fit perfectly in the buckets.  And they're bright colors!


I cut out the "files" from one of them and it is just like a large, durable envelope.


I kept the files in this one to separate my vowel cards.


I LOVE them!  And there's a little extra room for cards that aren't in a portfolio:

8 comments:

  1. Super cute flashcards! And I like the organization. What would we do without Target? I am your newest follower. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sight word cards!!! Target is dangerous...hehe :) I was there earlier and bought some very similar items :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sorts!! They look super cute!! :) Great idea on how to store them too!!! :)
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a GREAT idea to store the cards! I lose my sight word flashcards all the time because apparently I carry them with me all over the room, haha! I think if they were in this bright container, maybe I could find them faster. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this! I just found your blog and became your newest follower

    I would love for you to visit my blog and follow me too

    Ms. patterson

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love how organized you are! I can't wait to check out your TpT! I hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' your fluency cards! Great container, too.
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lucky find at Target! The long and short of it looks like a great pack I will have to go check it out! I am your 216th and newest follower. Thanks for coming to visit me and entering Just Teaching...Kinder's giveaway! Good luck!
    Shawna

    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover